small and easy health tips that make a lot of …
- wash your face every night – washcloth, warm water, and a simple cleanser will do wonders. plus, warm water helps make you all sleepy for bed
- take a multivitamin every day – and keep an eye open for coupons for them. usually multivitamins have some pretty great coupons
- if you can, open the windows every once in a while. fresh air does a lot of good for your body (and state of mind)!
- keep a few cleaning supplies in the bathroom. every so often after having a shower, give things a quick wipe-down. the steam from the shower dislodges any sink guck, making the job much easier – and never underestimate the power of a clean bathroom for both physical and mental health
- keep a water bottle by the bed and drink some water when you wake up. it’ll help you greet the day a little easier, and plus – whose mouth ISN’T as dry as the sahara when they wake up?
- it’s not always easy, but try to make doing dishes before turning in for the night a habit. i can’t express how lovely it is to wake up and walk into a clean and tidy kitchen
- keep snacks in the fridge that are delicious and healthy – my faves are strawberries, cherry tomatoes, and grapes. i love snacks. plus, there’s not really much prep involved with those kinds of things
- sweep! sweeping takes up a bit more physical energy, but it’s become one of my favourite things to do. i put on some nice music and visualize sweeping out not only dirt, but anything else clouding up my space – negative energy, self doubt, etc. it’s a nice, witchy little ritual for me now.
- light a candle, specifically one that smells delicious
- identify the things that make you feel better about yourself and your
surroundings and prioritize them and only them when you’re feeling
sucky. that way, you still feel accomplished, but you aren’t using up
all your mental and physical energy trying to run through all your
- remember that you’re doing these things for you, and not anyone else. you deserve to feel happy and at ease!